WE BELIEVE WOMEN SHOULD BE ABLE TO LIVE FREE OF PHYSICAL DISCOMFORT & HAVE CONTROL OVER THEIR HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE. WE’LL WORK WITH YOU TO FIGURE OUT WHAT’S CAUSING YOUR HEAVY PERIODS & DESIGN A TREATMENT PLAN THAT WORKS FOR YOU.
Heavy periods are very common. About one in five women report having a heavy menstrual flow. Heavy menstrual bleeding is called menorrhagia.
There’s no single definition of what constitutes a heavy period, but the following provides some likely signs and indications:
- Menstrual flow that soaks through one or more pads or tampons every hour for several hours in a row.
- Need to double up on pads to control your menstrual flow.
- Need to change pads or tampons during the night.
- Periods lasting more than 7 days.
- Menstrual flow with blood clots the size of a quarter or larger.
- Menstrual flow that keeps you from doing the things you would do normally.
- Constant pain in the lower part of the stomach during your periods.
- Are tired, lack energy, or are short of breath.
Left untreated, heavy periods can sometimes cause iron deficiency (anemia), which, in severe cases, can lead to heart problems.
Talk with your doctor about what you’re experiencing, and we can make an accurate diagnosis and recommend treatment options so you can get relief.
At Women’s Health Domain, we believe women should be able to live free of physical discomfort and have control over their health and health care. We’ll work with you to figure out what’s causing your heavy periods and design a treatment plan that works for you.
You can schedule an appointment any time online or call us during the week at 512-425-3825.